Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-03-2005 , 07:34 PM

Hey, Binding Problem here...

hey im having problems when i bind the skin to the skeleton...theres a few points here that dont attach properly...im not sure how to fix it.... here are some pics of what i mean. thanks in advance!

user added image
user added image

# 2 29-03-2005 , 11:50 PM
Subscriber
I'm guessing you meen thoughs points on the right cheek. Are you useing smooth bind or ridged ? Regardless I think when its in the bind pose you can select thoughs points and rebind them. Mike would probably be more help than me though.

# 3 30-03-2005 , 12:14 AM

hmm

like select the vertices, and bind them to the joint that they should be binded too?

# 4 30-03-2005 , 12:19 AM
AND i selected the vertices, and checked the component editor and deleted all the influence on the left shoulder joint....but that doesnt seem to help either...

# 5 30-03-2005 , 01:11 AM
Subscriber
from the pic they just look like there staying still, thats what lead me to think they were not bound to anything very well.

do they move anywhare in space when you move that joint ? or just stay where they are while the rest move..

# 6 30-03-2005 , 01:16 AM
they move when i move the right shoulder...so they are bounded to the right shoulder..

# 7 30-03-2005 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
if you smooth skined,, edit the waights of the left sholder to include them.

if you ridged bound it, I'm sure there is a way to re-asing them to a nother joint, but I am not familer with doing that yet my self. So maybe what info is here will help someone else that comes along and knows.