Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-02-2014 , 11:09 PM

HALP! Lights not working.

This is so frustrating, someone, please help.
I have my scene in maya, with one area light placed in front of a couch with a Mental Ray material (very basic) I have set the camera to render out in the render settings and ensured the camera is renderable and then proceeded to render with the settings but the preview in realtime and render mode is black, and none of the lights seem to work.

user added image

# 2 07-02-2014 , 11:17 PM
Well, it seems everytime I come here to get my problems solved they fix themselves the NEXT second. So, every time I have troubles, I will come here and ask for help only for it to be solved.

I had to turn up the intensity of the lights and assign a material to all the objects. -_-

Thanks for all those willing to help though! user added image

# 3 07-02-2014 , 11:36 PM
that being said, i now have the problem that the rest of my scene is nicely lit with materials but the paint effects tree i have in the corner is FAR too bright (it's white)