Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-04-2004 , 11:20 AM

Making Blood

Hi Chaps and Chapesses,

Im looking for a way to create fairly realistic blood. I need it spurting out of limbs and dripping from mouths etc. I dont have Maya fluids, im running 5.01 so i have Mental Ray if that makes any odds.
If anyone could get me started or point to any useful tutorials on the net it would be greatly appreciated.
Im a bit of a neewbie/intermediate so dont go too complex on me user added image

Thanks in advance.

Mr_Skinner user added image

# 2 06-04-2004 , 07:08 PM
I would use blobby particles from emmiter or surface depending on the FX you want.

# 3 07-04-2004 , 08:33 AM
I've tried to render blobby particles, and other particles using Mental Ray but they dont render, im guessing this is a limitation in Mental Ray?

So....i've made a sphere with a bloody material on it and used the instancer (replacer) to emmit the sphere. Would this be a valid way of doing things?
Im doing a Zombie cutscene and need something for when they pull arms and legs off etc.