Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-02-2005 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber

help MODELING!!!

i was wondering how i might be able to model this hadle for a sword i tried a sphear and then vertex and strech them out but it didnt work what else can i use to make this hadle like as it is.

Attached Images
# 2 15-02-2005 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
Create a straight CV or EP Curve. Rebuild the curve with a fairly high number spans (e.g. 36). Modify the curve using the curl option with medium settings (e.g. amount=1, frequency=1). Create a nurbs circle at the base of this curve and extrude along the coiled curve. You can set the extrude to result in polygons.

Alternatively, create a poly cube with one dimension about 1/3rd of the other two (e.g. height=3, depth=3, width=1). Smooth the cube with a subivision level of 1 to create an octaganol object. Select four faces on one side of the "cube" and extrude them out (recommend using global vice local) with multiple division and a twist.

Sound to confusing? E-mail me and I'll send you a scene file with examples.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 15-02-2005 , 11:30 PM
Subscriber
hmm...I would like to know that too...any chance you can send me that example scene also?

# 4 16-02-2005 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber