Just a small update. Been rebuilding parts so it can be rigged. I still have alot more to do. I also changed the design for the lower legs a bit. The origional design in 3D just didn't work as well as I would have hoped.
Just for fun, I threw on some color for this litttle render to match the concept sketch.
Another small update. Finnished rebuilding a new chest and waist. I also rebuilt the upper legs, and added the wings just to see how they would look. Still have alot more to do. Have to model the joints, feet, hands, and head.
tweetytunes: Thanks for compliment! The model is at 766 polys right know, and I think it's safe to say that when It's complete it will be under 2000 polys, but it might go over a little. Style and character is the most important thing about this model. I want it to look good from all angles. Thats what I had in mind when I designed the character 4 years ago, and his personality is the same. He does things in style. It's a vanity thing for this character, and thats the most important quality of him that I want to show.
arran: Thanks for the compliment! The mustard yellow is supposed to be a highly reflective gold material, but the flat surfaces make it hard to reflect the way I want, so right know he is mustard yellow until I can find a proper HDRI for the reflections. The black parts however, are accurate in color, and sheen.
It's looking good, the modeling, and the colors. I just think if you have no polycount limit you could made some extra details on it, like mechanical pieces, wires, this kind of stuff to give it some visual richness. But as you said is not part of the plan, it's ok.
Hey jramauri! Thanks for dropping by my thread! Glad you like the progress.
About my poly limit choice, well this challenge doesn't really specify a poly count limit, it ony states that the file cannpot exceed 10mb in size. I would like to add all sorts of little details to this model, but the company that makes the 3D statues has a limit to how small a models details can be or other wise they wont show on the model. Wires are a no go because they would be too small to copy, and would probably break just trying to take it out of their machinery.
I'm lucky the concept pic is very basic and doesn't sport much detail, and I'm only altering my origional design just a little bit. My goal is to try to make this model a basic as I can, and If I win this challenge it will be easy for that 3D company to copy the model.
Got some progress done on the head, still have alot more to do on it though. Got some feet for him but I havent come up with a design that I like yet. Did some joint work on the legs and threw on a test rig and they work fine. I have also been tweaking the over all body proportions along the way and it's comming together pretty good.
Here are a couple of pics for the head and body, and just a reminder, the final will not have any color.
Yeah, I plan on changing the feet, and they will be wider. The ones shown in the pic are just temporary. I am really pleased with how the head is going so far. The face is an exact match with the concept pic. The helmet still has a way to go though.