Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2014 , 01:47 PM

Invert shown problem.

Hi Maya 2014

In the outliner I cannot see what I want and cannot choose what to see and hide. The ref says that constraints in the outliner are shown under 'Driven by Anim Curve' yet there is no way to set this as the title does not appear under 'Show'.

In fact I cant make sense of the outliner at all. Showing attributes does not bring up constraints, allowing these to display in the attributes dialogue doesn't help.

What a mess.

# 2 09-03-2014 , 07:51 PM
Technical Director
When you want to see connections, you use either the Hypershade, Hypergraph, or the Node editor.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 10-03-2014 , 02:53 AM
Thanks for the answer!
Its not only with constraints sometimes maya seems to allot elements to the unshown list. An example would be my first ik spline, maya put the clusters in the invisible list when I did not hide them. You need clusters to be visible in the same list to construct the spline with handles no?

My thinking is I am pressing something somewhere which is causing this (hotkey or key combo). I cant think why something as useful as a scene explorer would place objects on hidden or unhidden lists at random. So also sometimes the constraints are visible and sometimes not, that is not normal, or logical, or convenient.

Maybe someone can guess what is going on, it would help.