Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 01-01-2004 , 02:06 AM
Subscriber
Hardware render buffer is just like PlayBlast in that it shows exactly what you see in perspective view. Rendering it out through the rendering system actually renders everything you have. The reason you render is to make your animation in final form, which will look it's best since everything is uh... rendered.

Anyway, perhaps this is a Render Globals issue? Maybe setting the anti-aliasing preset in Window>RenderingEditors>RenderGlobals to "production quality" will help. Be sure to render this out through the regular render and not hardware rendering or playblast. That is just to check to see if animations are moving correctly.

And Rage: heh, no dude... I've seen your beautiful posts in the Special Effects section of the site. YOU'RE the one good with words. user added image You deffinitely take a lot of time out to help people on this site.

# 17 02-01-2004 , 04:41 AM
user added image I try my best.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 18 03-01-2004 , 08:36 AM
Subscriber
Right, I have made a short movie using the Hardwere Render Buffer as you can see there are less particles than I should have. I also noticed that it wasn't rendering every frame but skipping a couple of frames. I decided to ignoor this as this is the least of my problems.

_LIVID

R.I.P. Bob Monkhouse (1928 - 2003)

Attached Files
File Type: rar test.rar (38.5 KB, 147 views)
# 19 04-01-2004 , 10:18 AM
Does it still occur when you create a new scene and create an emitter iwht the same properties as the one you had before? If so, try just setting all settings to 0 ( except particles count :p ), and deleting every attribute. Then, change everything you need step by step...... Just an idea, don't know if it works :p

# 20 04-01-2004 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber
upload your mb file. I want to look at your scene...

# 21 05-01-2004 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
Here it is

_LIVID

Attached Files
File Type: mb centerpiece.mb (43.3 KB, 163 views)
# 22 06-01-2004 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
darn, you must be using Maya 5.0 because it won't read the file...

grrr

# 23 06-01-2004 , 03:41 AM
DAM! I cannot open either the rar OR the mb files??

I'll check it on my box at home in a day or so, sorry for the delayuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 24 06-01-2004 , 03:47 AM
Subscriber
Umm, rar files are like zip files. You just need the program to unzip them.

# 25 06-01-2004 , 05:39 AM
I know, but WinRAR says it is a corrupted archiveuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 26 07-01-2004 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber
Dammit, why are there all theses problems?

_LIVID

# 27 07-01-2004 , 01:31 AM
Ok, I just checked it, and other than your HRB settings for "by frame", everything seemed fine from here?

In order to do a "render sequence" from the HRB, you must set the HRB render attributes.

It looks like you did that ok, other than the by-frame flag was set to 3 rather than 1 like it should have been, but it still rendered fine here both ways.

Also, (and this really makes no difference with HWparticles) but you had 3D motion blur turned on in your SW render globals.
...just minor house-cleaning is alluser added image

Here is my question:

When you opened the HRB, did you just hit "render sequence" right away without setting your render attributes for the HRB?

OR

Did you forget to hit REWIND to the VERY start first, THEN do the render?

In order for Maya to do particle calculations correctly, you MUST rewind to the start of your sim in order for Maya to understand the "by frame" flag and other calculatory reasons.

Understand? user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 28 07-01-2004 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
That did the trick, thanks guys. Now all I need to do is have a quick spirt at the start and then make it slow down towards the end of the animation.

_LIVID

P.S. I would have uploaded it but it is 1.95MB zipped?!

# 29 08-01-2004 , 09:25 AM
Heh, as long as it doesn't become bigger when zipped than normal, it's ok user added image.

# 30 08-01-2004 , 09:29 AM
Subscriber
Good point, I will try tonight to make it a bit smaller. I wanted to go into the graph editor and change the speed there because I prefer the interface but as far as I can see (I have only had a breif look) all I can change is the amont of particles emmited.

Im not a big fan on messing around with the timeline,ect.

_LIVID

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog