Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-03-2005 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber

Black render screen

Hi, when i render a scene with lights in it my rendering screen is all black. If i remove the lights everything works fine. Is this a setting or do i have to link the lights or something?

# 2 18-03-2005 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
no...no linking, create a light, any, right click the light, and click (type of light)1, the attribute editor should come up for it, now, look if the color of the light is black or not, make sure its white, if its white and still its coming up black, fiddle with the render editor, try software, mental ray, etc. if its still black, hey...i trieduser added image user added image hope this helped

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 3 18-03-2005 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
Thx metallic, this helped. Only when i use maya software the object is rendered completely black. With maya hardware it renders fine. Gone try mental ray and see what that does.

# 4 18-03-2005 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
try posting this in the light section...

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."