Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-05-2011 , 09:18 PM

Vertex Loop

I have just started with Maya and I'm going through the tutorials, and it tells me to select a vertex loop by selecting one vertex and then shift double-clicking another vertex. This is supposed to select all vertexes between the two, but it doesn't - it only selects the vertex I just double clicked on (as well as the previously selected vertex).

Is there something I am doing wrong or is the tutorial out of date and the hotkey just changed?

EDIT: I guess I should have put this in the basics/newbie forum, sorry

# 2 14-05-2011 , 08:16 AM
The thin red line
Hold down the shift key as you double click, make sure the cap locks off.........dave

# 3 15-05-2011 , 11:50 PM
Yup, thats what I was doing.
Caps lock wasn't on either.

# 4 16-05-2011 , 10:39 AM
The thin red line
If you select a face then hold down the shift key and double click the one next to it what happen?.........dave

# 5 20-05-2011 , 11:20 PM
Is there a hotkey for this please?
Like let's say if I select two vertices and want the whole loop of vertices to be selected, what would the hotkey be to do this please? I am looking for something similar to the "select loop" function in Lightwave.

From the previous post, I know you can select one point and then double click on the ending point etc. to get everything selected, but is there an easier way to do this, like a keyboard shortcut?

Thanks

# 6 21-05-2011 , 08:05 PM
EduSciVis-er
There's a marking menu shortcut. Select two verts, then Ctrl+RMB, then Edge Loop Utilities > To Edge Loop.

I believe you can set a new hotkey to do this. Open the hotkey editor, and look for Polygon Select > SelectEdgeLoop.

# 7 29-05-2011 , 11:09 PM
Thanks!! user added image I shall give that a try!