Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-05-2014 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber

UV Resetting issue

Hey guys got a quirk I could use some help with.

My old PC crashed and I upgraded to a new one with windows 8 installed.

I'm using maya unlimited 2011, the 64 bit version, which I've never had any issues with. While working on a project I unwrapped the UV's, set them up, and took a snapshot. While working in hyper shade I noticed the texture was off. I went back to the UV editor and noticed that the UV map had reverted back to how it was before I moved and adjusted everything.

I moved and adjusted it again (thinking it was simple human error somewhere on my part), got it adjusted, took another UV snapshot only to have it do it again a few minutes later. Reloading the scene to the point where I had finished the adjustments and took the snapshot didn't help as the layout was not how I had saved it.

The program has done with with two separate models within the same scene and I've never encountered this problem before.

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 03-05-2014 , 09:15 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
GateKeeper

yeah sometimes the uv editor gets a bit quirky...

Firstly make sure that ALL history is gone, and any transform nodes that are hanging about. Sometimes this can play havoc with uvs too. Also its worth just exporting the file as a .ma file type. This file type is bigger but it tends to be cleaner. Then give it a go. It should work...

hope it helps
Jay

# 3 03-05-2014 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Jay,

I've gotten into the habit of freezing transforms, and deleting history on the model(s) regularly throughout a project but I've never thought to save as a .ma file or delete all history. Thanks for the tip!

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 4 04-05-2014 , 12:33 AM
You can disable history completely as well if you like.